Sunday, May 18, 2014

A TRIP TO THE ER...

Sorry, no pics today.

Thursday I had a little pain in my right foot.  By Thurs. night I was limping badly.  I spent all day Fri on the sofa with my leg elevated.  At 3:00 Sat morning I woke up from throbbing in my foot.  It was swollen, red and mildly warm and the two tiny dots on the top of my foot were red and more noticeable.  Crud...I'm diabetic and feet problems are not to be messed with.  Dear Hubby took me to the ER.  I have cellulitis in my right foot, probably from a bite as there are no other cracks, sores or any other openings where infection could enter.  I am on 10 days of heavy duty antibiotics, heavy duty pain medication as needed and stuck on the sofa with my foot elevated.  I have not taken any pain medication today since I was in the bathroom praying to the porcelain god yesterday...probably from the pain meds.   My guess is a spider bite.  We have the normal nasties in this area, in addition to black widows and brown recluse.  I don't think it was either of the bad ones as I think I would have been much sicker.  But who knows...I went to the ER pretty quickly!

Dang...the fun never ends...

10 comments:

  1. Lin, I hope you are feeling better very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My, Hope your foot and you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my! Prayers going out for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, everyone, for the well-wishes! The swelling is almost gone and the two red marks are fading away. I still have a tiny bit of pain, but the antibiotic seems to be working. Not spending much time on my feet, though. I have a follow up appointment with my primary care doctor on Thursday. I'm so thankful it is not progressing! Take care everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just thought I would check by and see how you are doing.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie! I'm doing much better. I took my last antibiotic a few hours ago. Glad that is over, lol!

      Delete
  6. I've been checking every day to see how you are since your May 18 post. I was getting worried. I just thought to check the comments and see you commented on May 27, so I am hoping you are on the mend.
    Red Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, RR! My foot is completely healed, thank God. I've been having a bit of a hard time with fatigue and pain lately. I had been doing better but have had a bit of a set-back. A little disappointing since I had thought the newest meds had made a difference. Apparently, not so much... Thanks again for checking up on me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Lin, I hope you are on the mend. I am getting very worried about you. Hope all is well at Uggabear Cottage.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie,
      Thanks for worrying about me. It has been a BEAR of a couple of weeks. Last Friday Dear Hubby and I were to be leaving for a week in Myrtle Beach. Thursday night poor Hubby got really sick with horrible cramps all over his body. Every muscle he moved cramped up into a hard knot. He looked like a body builder without the build...but his muscles were rock hard and the definition was scary! I took him to the ER and about 3-4 hours later they sent him home. All of the blood work was okay, so they thought possibly he was fatigued and maybe a "little" dehydrated, although his blood results didn't indicate dehydration. Needless to say...we cancelled vacation. Also, in the past few weeks my pain level has been increasing exponentially. I was so happy that the supplements the neurologist put me on seemed to have helped. I guess I was just going through a period of remission of the pain and it is now back with a vengeance. I'm up now because the pain is too bad to sleep. AND, we are supposed to be leaving tomorrow morning for a "weekend getaway" to make up for our lost vacation. The pain is so bad this time it may be ME cancelling. Also, during this past month (I think...my days are just running together) I have taken my dear sweet Dad to the ER twice with kidney stones! Like I said...it's been a BEAR. There have been a few "positives" in amongst all of the negatives and hopefully next week I will feel up to doing a little "catch up" post. Hope all is well with you.

      Delete