Friday, February 28, 2014

BRING ON ST. PADDY'S DAY...


I'm READY!


One of my goals for 2014 was to begin decorating my home for each of the holidays.  While I know I can't decorate EVERYTHING in the house, my initial decoration will be a mini quilt to hang in my foyer for each holiday of the year.  As you can see above...I'm ready for St. Patrick's Day!


I found this image somewhere online (possibly pinterest?), copied the image, printed it and cut it out...and there it sat until this past week.  I made a few little changes to my tastes, but the basic concept is the same.  For the life of me now I can't find the website where I found the image to give proper credit to whomever designed this adorable hat.  If it was you, or if you know who it was, please let me know so I can list him/her as the designer.

I was determined to only use what I had on hand, and I met my restriction with the exception of the clover charm.  The hat was just calling out for a little bit of bling!  I also attempted stipple free motion quilting for the first time, and added some wonky stitching for shading on the hat.  I was having a bit of trouble with the foot catching as I was quilting so there are some eyelashes on the back of the piece.  Oh well, nobody should be looking at the back, lol.  I added another loop of rubber band to my altered free motion quilting foot (per Leah Day) and did a few quick stitches on some scraps and the motion was MUCH better.  I can't WAIT for my next FMQ session!  Thank you, Leah! 

So, how are YOU decorating for the holiday?

BTW, on March 7th (or thereabouts) I will be having a small giveaway for my "mid year blogiversary".  Stay tuned for details! 

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Melody! These little minis are just so much fun!

      Delete
    2. Very nice. I haven't even thought about doing anything for St. Patrick's Day yet. Perhaps a clover garland?????

      God bless.

      Delete
    3. Thank you, Jackie! I'm already planning Easter! Such fun!

      Delete
  2. That is just too stinkin' cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeanette! I think I have found a new love in 12" minis! Happy St. Paddy's Day!

      Delete